View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #29
Beryl
Hall Of Fame

Tipsy used to be underraked all those years when he was in the 40s on the rankings. Janko has a great backhand, excellent shot making off both wings, good serve for his size, better than average movement. He's been out of form recently and sometimes he chokes, but he's really not that bad of a top tenner. Tipsy is really talented, I don;t see how you can tell me otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncooling View Post
tons of players actually.

Wawrinka,
Inconsistent. Loses matches he should win far too often and rarely challenges the top guys either. He's in the same category as Tipsy and Gasquet: beats most players and looks impressive, but struggles beating the top 8.
Quote:
Raonic,
All-serve mug.
Quote:
Nishikori,
Injured too often.
Quote:
Gasquet,
Maybe, but he's still in the same category as Tipsarevic. He can't beat the top players very often either. How many top 8 players has he beat recently?
Quote:
Almagro,
Mediocre off clay, uber-level choker on all surfaces.
Quote:
Verdasco,
lol, have you seen Verdasco play recently?
Quote:
Fish,
Hasn't played on tour in ages. And even when he was, he wasn't beating the top 8 either.
Quote:
Querry,
Robotic mug, just lost a match from being up a double break in the third. Doesn't have anywhere near the shot making ability of Tipsy.
Quote:
Janowicz,
I support my countryman, but he has hardly proven his consistency to be at the top. His recent loss to Hanescu on an indoor hardcourt more than makes my point for me.
Quote:
and even Gulbis I think has more potential than Tipsarevic.
More potential means nothing. Tipsy is a far better tennis player than Gulbis on most days. Hence the ranking difference.

Last edited by Beryl : 03-03-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote