View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #37
Cindysphinx
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauvaise View Post
This is one of those things that annoys me as a server and I won't do as a receiver, but is just seems too petty to actually complain about during a match.
+1. I will never complain about it either. I will not complain about anything opponents do in matches, really. I do not want to lose my focus, I didn't come there to have arguments, and I do not want my opponent to know they are dancing on my last nerve.

However . . . .

I am thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to scolding one of my regular partners. She is the worst OOR ("Obviously Out Returner") I have ever seen. She returns all out serves as hard as she can. By the end of the match, opponents are looking at me and rolling their eyes because it is so very ridiculous.

I am not sure quite what to do about this. I have not told her directly "Hey! Stop wailing on serves that are going out!" I have, as captain, told the whole team via email about OORs and quoted the Code. This seems to make no difference to the habitual OOR.

I even said during a match once, "OMG! That opponent is returning my serves that are way out. That is so *rude!*" Nope, didn't make a difference.

There just never seems to be a good time to raise it with her. Don't want to call her out at the beginning of a match and throw her off. Seems weird to raise it afterward. I keep waiting for an opponent to say something so I can then stand there nodding my head, but it doesn't happen.