View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
spinovic
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_No1e View Post
It's funny that Djokovic is winning the poll because aright now I don't think Novak is ready for clay season at all, and he's definitely not playing in a form that would destroy anyone. His Dubai final was closer than the scoreline indicated and although a lot of aspects of his game have improved, in the Dubai final atleast he wasn't hitting as cleanly as he usually does. On clay that would definitely not be sufficient BUT by RG I feel like he'll be ready. So I actually think the time left is going to be an advantage for Novak just as much as it will be for Nadal and his recovery.
He doesn't have to destroy anyone, just beat them...like he's done in all of his matches in 2013.

He's the best player in the world without question. He's the only player in the world who can go mano-a-mano with Nadal on clay from the baseline and win points on a consistent basis. He's at the top of his game. There's no reason to believe he won't win the French this year. That's the missing jewel in his resume, and he's going to be highly focused and motivated to get it done in 2013.

He will complete his slam this year, and if that entails beating Rafa, whether in the finals or earlier, it is going to happen.

Let's not forget. Rafa was up 2 sets and a break last year and in about an hour, Novak practically had him begging to leave the court reeling off 8 straight games against the King of Clay.

The only thing that prevents Djokovic from winning slams right now is himself. The simple fact is that his best is better than everyone elses. If he can play his best, he wins. Heck, he doesn't even have to play his best the whole match. Just 3 of 5 sets at most.
spinovic is offline   Reply With Quote