View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
Love_No1e
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinovic View Post
He doesn't have to destroy anyone, just beat them...like he's done in all of his matches in 2013.

He's the best player in the world without question. He's the only player in the world who can go mano-a-mano with Nadal on clay from the baseline and win points on a consistent basis. He's at the top of his game. There's no reason to believe he won't win the French this year. That's the missing jewel in his resume, and he's going to be highly focused and motivated to get it done in 2013.

He will complete his slam this year, and if that entails beating Rafa, whether in the finals or earlier, it is going to happen.

Let's not forget. Rafa was up 2 sets and a break last year and in about an hour, Novak practically had him begging to leave the court reeling off 8 straight games against the King of Clay.

The only thing that prevents Djokovic from winning slams right now is himself. The simple fact is that his best is better than everyone elses. If he can play his best, he wins. Heck, he doesn't even have to play his best the whole match. Just 3 of 5 sets at most.
I'm not doubting Novak's abilities, I'm just saying I don't really think he's ready to beat Nadal on clay YET. I do however think he'll be ready come RG. The clay masters will be extrememly important in his preparation.
Love_No1e is offline   Reply With Quote