Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Tropikal_Knights
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbln View Post
Honestly--you're just getting older. I'm 29 and I can definitely relate.

Assuming that you weren't horribly dehydrated or malnourished, the cramps probably came on from muscle fatigue and overexertion. The best thing you can do is to spend more time at the gym to get fitter. After your mid twenties, you naturally lose muscle mass at an alarming rate and have to train and fight a lot harder to keep what you have. Training should include both strength and endurance training. This way, the muscles will be more resilient and less prone to cramping. Be fitter than the pusher you played against. It sounds like you had a decent chance against him. Even Federer has to spend more time in the gym now to keep up with his younger opponents than he ever did in his prime.

As far as recovery goes after cramping, its really just rest.

It has been 6 days now and the muscles in my shoulder and upper body are okay and my left thigh is okay but my right thigh is still in pain........before it was 100% pain now it is around 30%.....I am wondering if I have ripped my hamstring maybe a grade 1 tear?

By now I would have expected to be okay but for the first time in my life for 6 days straight I have not ran or played tennis.......I am afraid to put weight on my leg and do some light jogging..........or to play even moderately competitive tennis .......I think about giving it another couple of days.......

I have been applying pain creams such as deep heat./....on my thigh and the back of it........have not taken any brofen or anything like that.......just wondering what else I can do..

I do work my legs out and upper body twice a week....
Tropikal_Knights is offline   Reply With Quote