View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #69
heycal
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliefedererer View Post

But it does seem to lack a specific back strength program - I guess that is largely in part what you are looking for here.

It would seem that quite a few suggestions have been given here.
Again, looking at many of the back programs, most have more similarities than differences.

The key would seem to start with a fairly "simple" set of back exercises that would not aggravate your condition as you start to gain increased flexibility and strength of the para-spinal musclces.
Such a group would include those from the Mayo Clinic back exercise regimen:
Slide show: Back exercises in 15 minutes a day http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/back-pain/LB00001_D
(Actually, I assume you are doing a similar program under the direction of your physical therapist.)
I guess I should have mentioned that my workout routines, even before back problems, always included a few minutes of 'core' exercises for back and abs. And since my back started hurting, I've added more strengthening and stretching exercises, and got a few books on the subject lying around. Few or none seem to make the problem worse, some don't do anything, and several provide very temporary relief. I can pretty much do most of them without trouble, so I suspect my muscles in most of these areas aren't particularly compromised?

I guess that's what brought to create this thread. Nothing has seemed to work after a year of pain.

Last edited by heycal : 03-06-2013 at 09:54 AM.
heycal is offline   Reply With Quote