View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #500
forzamilan90
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatF View Post
I think there are alot of talented players nowadays but there's no so much variety anymore. That's my only gripe, although thats possibly because of the snore fests of Murray and Djokovic for the last 2 slam finals.
Blame variety not on the player's part, but rather the envisioned court speeds/terrain, etc. You only do what gives you the best chance of winning. Most current conditions simply benefit baseline play more, hence players adapting baseline play more. Variety is lost, but that's cause of the circumstances. I mean damn, AO and Miami especially are a pain in my butt, as a Fed fan, the man's just having a hard time there. Chipping and charging on every single point isn't exactly the best strategy either (for old school purists) and against great passing baseline players is suicide nowadays. I bet if they were to make the courts like they were back in the day, still with this current racket tech, upcoming generations will come to know more variety of play and display that on courts, as there won't be such a need to always be a baseline ho/rally player and going for winners will be easier.

Last edited by forzamilan90 : 03-06-2013 at 03:48 PM.
forzamilan90 is offline   Reply With Quote