View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #50
Pbarrow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeback View Post
Hi Pbarrow, i am interested in this book.I also saw the author has 2 other books..the hard body workout plan and new rules..I am 62, 5'9" 175lbs and do resistance training for upper 2 days a week and occasional squats without weights.i stopped doing cardio last year.i am in good shape though I would like to be better but am afraid too much weightlifting will hurt my tennis/lower back history among some other things..Do you think it's good for my age..my email is comeback@safe-mail.net if you can give me some detailed info,,thanks
Hi comeback. Not familiar with the other books but I will look them up, thanks. I can only speak from personal experience, but the weight lifting has helped my tennis and fitness a lot and I feel great. I am hoping the training will keep me injury free this season. My back is healthy so I have no experience there. I do have shoulder and knee problems from my past, and the weight letting seems to have improved not degraded those issues (I am very careful, for example I only do assisted pull-ups). I think it would be an excellent idea to hire a trainer for a session or two to help you design a lifting program that is suitable for your age and back condition. I hope you get the same results, let me know if you have any specific questions.
Pbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote