View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #53
Itagaki
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoplespeace View Post
I believe the issue was whether u can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I my case, which u are not refuting, i lost 10-12 lbs of fat and gained 2-4 lbs of weight in the same period. This means that i gained 12-14 lbs of muscle (plus maybe a bit of water i) in the same period of losing 10-12 lbs of fat. I believe this is an example of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. It makes no sense to say that it was possible becus i was in a caloric surplus, becus that would mean that u are accepting that is it possible to lose 20 lbs of fat and gain 30 lbs of lbs at the same time since that person will be in a caloric surplus of 10 lbs for the period???
You also acknowledged that you did this as a novice over the period of 9 months correct?

The novice effect is a generally an exception to the statement "you can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time"

The statement in general is not 100% accurate either, as there is such a thing as recomping, which is essentially what you did. The caveat is that this generally takes a lot longer than the standard bulk/cut cycling and usually requires more complicated planning (absent being a novice or using drugs)

I would guess that during this 9 month period you were not in a surplus (at least not a very significant one) but you were also not in a deficit, at least looking at it macroscopically

9 months is a pretty substantial stretch of time for such a thing

And there is most certainly some increased water and glycogen retention in your LBM increase, more than a bit i'd wager
Itagaki is offline   Reply With Quote