View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #37
Overdrive
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diredesire View Post
Why should it have to be explained? That's my point. Do you go around asking people why they smoke? In that vein -- are you even curious? Assuming an individual smokes w/ no tattoos, and does not smoke w/ tattoos, I'd say the lifetime cost of smoking trumps a tattoo PLUS removal (strict out of pocket cost, not even including health). Objectively, to me (read as: subjectively), smoking doesn't make sense either, but there's not the same stigma attached to it. My question is why? You also quickly jumped to the conclusion of "lame," AND made the bold claim of all females ruining their attractiveness from having tattoos, pardon the knee jerk reaction (to your knee jerk reaction), but that is pretty close to a dismissal if I had to label it. Also, I was asking whether or not it was a character flaw, I think you interpolated that hypothetical a little far... I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to gather some reasoning here, as you've made the bold claim of objective sense above. My prodding point here is that there are a lot of things in life that don't make 'objective' sense, why should tattoos be sensible? I should also point out that you are projecting your bias on to everyone on the planet if you're claiming "objective" sense. Obviously it makes sense to SOMEONE (or, at the very least, it made sense to someone at some point). I'll have to question the objective claim, apologies if this rubs you the wrong way.

Everything has an explanation. Everything. And the things that we don't know are because we do not have the resources or data to find the truth about it.

Well, It doesn't even matter about the tattoos because the people who remove tattoos for a living have to make ends meet somehow. So, the more nonsensical tattoos people get and later regret, the better the tattoo removing business will be.

Yeah, I did say that. I was raised in a conservative environment; however, I will make the judgement whether to pursue any relationships with a woman who bears a tattoo. I used the word 'Lame' as reference to a television reference.

I'm not taking it as personal, I understand your points.