View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
Autodidactic player
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrick View Post
By the way, A p, I lived in Stonesthrow Apts. back in '84-'85. Actually ran a mixed doubles tournament at Spencer Love TC called the "Boast About Greensboro" Tournament. I repped for Boast and others at the time...called on Sedgefield CC, Forest Oaks, Starmount and others. Omega Sports was headquartered there(only a few stores at that time)...My largest account, by far, was SportLine of Hilton Head--also with the HQ in G-boro. Closing in on 30 years now! I am REALLY getting old!
What a small world. Spencer-Love is still going strong, I play there every so often in the summer; decent har-tru courts for $4.00 per hour for residents. Ya can't beat that!

I was finishing up law school in Chapel Hill in '84-'85 but when I graduated the Air Force sent me to Bergstrom AFB in lovely Austin TX! The base was actually quite nice, lots of tennis courts, jogging paths and a great golf course. Interestingly, the palm trees outside the officer's club were home to quite a few tropical birds. Unfortunately, the base closed in 1993. I got off active duty in 1991 and moved to Greensboro. Been here ever since.