View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #108
beernutz
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
Hey, its pretty in pink. Unfortunately there was only one color available for t-ball bats at Wallymart. For $15 beggars can't be choosers.

Luckily I have neighborhood courts where I am very likely to be alone when I try this thing out. I got called for some impromptu doubles yesterday and its raining today so it the test run may not be until tomorrow at the earliest.
So I took the pseudo-SweetSpotter to my neighborhood courts and first tried to hit some balls tossed at about half speed on my Silent Partner Star. ZOMG, I was shanking balls everywhere with about 10 out of the 50 or 60 or so I tried to hit actually leaving the court area over the fence. I think I got about 3 or 4 solid hits that felt good. The weight of the bat wasn't too bad as I didn't get tired at all but the barrel having only a 2.25" diameter was the real problem. That is not a lot of hitting area it turns out and the margin for error is consequently tiny.

I also tried to hit some volleys and instead of hitting them over the fence I was wiffing about the same percentage of them outright. Again, I think I made solid contact with maybe 5% of the ones I tried. Embarrasing. It will be a LONG time and many more practice sessions before I am confident enough in my masculinity to post video of that spectacle.