View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #31
beernutz
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismonkey View Post
+1. my wife has seen me play a match just once. league dubs match. afterwards she said, "i thought you'd be running more. points didn't last very long either. kinda boring."

curse you woman!

sorry to derail. hey OP - keep it simple and just take notice of what the guy wears and brings to the court.

matching gear from head to toe and a 12 pack racquet bag with only 4 racquets = poser. likely wildly inconsistent. short day for you.

scrubby non matching clothes and looks like he just finished mowing the lawn. carrying one racquet - possibly wooden. small thermos of water = tighten your laces and apply the diaper cream. you are about to be handed bagels and breadsticks. your entire tourney may be over in about 30 minutes.
Yeah +1 here too. My wife also plays league but has watched me play a match only once when most of our state tournament matches last year were rained out and we had to play a 4 game mini-match against the first place team to finish out the round robin part of the tournament on a Saturday night. She watched us blow a 3-1 lead with a chance to serve out the deciding game but instead we dropped four games in a row. I don't think she was too impressed with that display of intestinal fortitude. At least my kids weren't watching too.