View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #2
Big_Dangerous
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish View Post
Excerpts from the interview

Not for the first time, Nadal called Federer the greatest player of all time when speaking to the crowd. In the news conference, he was challenged on this, because the stats say that he has now beaten the man he calls the greatest 19 times out of 29.

“That’s just a fact, a positive fact for me,” he said with smile. “But it doesn’t change that he has much more tournament victories than me. He has more Grand Slams than me. In Masters 1000 series, we are close.”
In fact, they have won the same number of Masters titles on the ATP tour.

“Same? Then more than close,” Nadal said with a laugh when he was told. “So that means his career of today is better than mine, and that’s the real thing. And if I think I am better than him because I beat him, I think, 19 against 10, I will be very stupid and very arrogant. I think this is not the case.”

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/n...315-2g5k4.html

Do you really think nadal considers federer to be greatest ever?
he seems like he means it.
There's an argument you can make for either guy as best player of all time.

For Fed, he has the slams, and all the other records, but his greatest rivals owns him.

For Nadal, he doesn't have as many slams as Fed or as many weeks @ #1, but he has the head to head, the grand slam head to head, and the head to head on hard courts.