View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
charliefedererer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsltennis View Post
ok, the only new development tonight is as i sit here drinking my wine, as i take the glass from in front of me, and set it next to the side table by my chair, the shoulder is making a popping sound everytime.... a little concerning, not really painful, just slightly uncomfortable
From an orthopod's web site:

"Most of the time the clicking or snapping is due to everyday use and changes that occur naturally within our joints. As we age this causes some of the surfaces to roughen —thus when they rub against one another they will snap click or pop within the shoulder. In the vast majority of circumstances snapping or clicking within the shoulder is not an issue to worry about, nor is it a problem you need to worry about. There are many different tissues in our shoulder that can click or pop as they roll on one another. Painless clicking and popping usually does not require any treatment at all.
Clicking or popping in shoulder may also start immediately, or soon after an injury. That does not necessarily mean that you have sustained a “significant” injury. It usually means that the tissues inside the shoulder are swollen or inflamed from the injury, and they are clicking or catching and popping as they move against the other structures in the shoulder.
There are a few times when popping or snapping in particular (not clicking) could signify a problem. If your shoulder was injured and is now sliding in and out of place (instability), it may snap or pop. If the rotator cuff was injured or torn, or if the labrum of the shoulder was torn (see the shoulder anatomy video) your shoulder may also snap or pop.
- http://www.howardluksmd.com/shoulder...-clicking-why/

Don't risk extending a more "minor" injury from extending.

Go get checked out.
charliefedererer is offline   Reply With Quote