View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
SpitFire
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
2. Cheaters and/or playes who call obviously in balls out.
Turn this to your advantage. Threaten (and follow through) to get a line-judge on court. It puts them at a mental disadvantage. Spin it like this..."I don't feel like we're getting good calls here, if there's another call that's you or I don't feel is quite right, I'm getting a line-judge. This is for your benefit and mine, so we don't feel cheated and we know whoever wins, wins legitimately".

Quote:
3. Players with cheap Walmart/Sporting Goods racquets.
That's not cool yo...Come to my hood, and I'll beat ya 6-0; 6-0 with my daughter's $20 dollah Dora the Explora racquet. Seriously though...not cool.

Quote:
4. Players wearing anything but proper tennis shoes (I've actually seen someone wear Jordans to a tournament once).
Not everyone can afford "proper" attire. get over it. Judge a player by their play, not their gear. Actions speak louder than gear.

Quote:
5. Playing in slow matches.
To some, it's a legitimate play style. Not one that I like persay, but one you need to know how to play against. The FYB site has a vid on how to play against this type of play.

Quote:
6. Any girl's doubles matches that aren't at least '9.0'. Honestly, most of these matches are boring because most of the matches I would see at tournaments are very slow and both teams literally 'junkballing' an entire match.
Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Quote:
7. Inconsistent grunters
Okay, I'll agree with you on that one.

Quote:
8. Rallying with players who can't hit the ball but can during an actual match..
I'm often one of these players, I don't really have an "off" button...I mean, I can't really tune it down. Instinct kicks in and I hit it away from my opponent. Sorry.
Quote:
9. (This should be higher) Seeing people cheering for another player's errors. Usually, these people are youngsters or individauls who don't know much about courtesy in tennis.
Agreed. Whole-heartedly. When spectators do this to me, it really makes my blood boil.

Quote:
10. Going to tournaments where there is no cover from the sun when it's bright (to stay cool for a match instead of staying in the heat to prevent overheating and such). I would bring a sleeping bag/cover combo to nullify this.
I have a mobile recovery chamber that I bring with me to tournaments. It's climate controlled and has a built in recliner, shade, and is very private. It's called my car.
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote