View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #7964
Feņa14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SempreSami View Post
Chelsea - Rubin oooh yeeeeeeeah
Are they any good? I know they have M'Vila and that Rondon who alot of teams looked at last year. Apart from that I don't know alot about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAlph4 View Post
To be fair to Real, they've pretty much had the hardest possible route to get to the QFs, so in some way you can't begrudge them an easier draw. Got through a group with Dortmund, City and Ajax, and then had to play United in the R16.

Funny thing, though, is in the English media it's as if the draw for the QFs never happened. It's the showpiece tournament of the club game, yet most media groups have buried the QF ties out of sight. Why, as soon as the English clubs are knocked out, is the assumption made that the CL is not 'newsworthy' and that all domestic football fans are parochial, insular, jingoistic numbskulls?

There was the same hypocrisy on show with the legitimacy of the 'away goals' rule after the Arsenal vs Bayern game being questioned, yet nothing being said after Spurs benefited from it the following evening (in an even more skewed form, after 120 minutes).
I looked on the BBC sports website after work to find out the draws for both competitions. The Europa League was one of the top stories, which I suppose is understandable considering nearly half the teams left are English. I had to do a search to find out the Champions League draw though.
Feņa14 is offline   Reply With Quote