View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
TheLambsheadrep
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly View Post
To to the OP: the differences that you show between the 2 grips is subtle. Most others would have a more significant difference. For most conventional grips, the racket handle would lie diagonally across the palm. With the fingers bunched together, players have the racket handle much closer to perpendicular to the arm and fingers. I am reluctant to refer to this as a hammer grip because way too many sources outside of TT refer to a conventional continental grip (diagonal orientation) as a hammer (or chopper) grip. How about if we refer to the perpendicular orientation as a baseball bat grip or something else?
While I would still like Toly to answer, it feels much more natural for me to position my knuckles all on the same bevel if I imagine the handle is that of a baseball bat . I never have thought to hold a racquet like this, and this is common/how people (and pros) normally hold the racquet when their fingers are all bunched together? Then is the way I'm holding the racquet in the pictures (with bunched fingers + handle diagonal across the palm) like a grip hybrid...? I'm assuming it's uncommon if you're saying "With the fingers bunched together, players have the racket handle much closer to perpendicular to the arm and fingers."