View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #22
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Song View Post
I switched to the VCore Tour 97 (330) in July 2012 from the Ti-80 and have not looked back ever since. Compared to the Ti-80 in stock form, it is a lot stiffer and heavier so it did not allow me to customize to my desired specifications. However, after adjusting to a different specification that I liked, the racquet immediately clicked in. The 16X20 pattern provides a more consistent stringbed that compliments the Isometric headshape and the 3D Vector shaft, which rounds out the outer part of the throat makes the racquet feel thinner than the Ti-80, which is a huge plus. At first, I did not expect myself to switch to this racquet when it first came out because it was stiffer than the Ti-80, but I think the Yonex engineers adjusted the layup very nicely to provide a firm playing frame that absorbs harmful shock and provides a clean feel.
Swan Song, could you say a little bit more about the Vcore Tour 97 vs. the Ti-80? When you say you were a little leary of the 97 at first because it's stiffer, were you, at that point only looking at the stiffness measurement? Now, having played them both for a while, how would you compare them in terms of comfort? I believe the Ti-80 had the classic Yonex firm head/flexible shaft design. How would you characterize the flex of the 97?

And how about power, does the 97 give you any extra pop?
corners is online now   Reply With Quote