View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #1873
Boricua
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I hit for two hours yesterday morning and played doubles for two hours yesterday afternoon. The 99S is a great frame for me. While others seem to like it strung according to Wilson's range, I find it is really nice in the high 40s. I do string my own.

One other thing to note. If you string your own, undoubtedly you've noticed you're throwing away about 6' of string with every 40' pack. This racquet is built for reels! You can probably cut quite a bit off the cost of stringing by finding a string you like that comes in reels. While Luxilon claims they designed 4GS for the 99S, you notice they didn't put it on a reel!
I suppose this has been asked, but today March 18th, how do you rank the Steam with the APD 2013? I got harsh vibartions on my elbow that hurt pretty much with the APD. Could I experience them with the 99S if I string with 4g at 47? Also, I dont string myself, so could this racket and string tension loss and constant stringing get real expensive?

I could stick with the APD with a soft setup (which I dont like alot) or go for a arm friendly racket like the Pro Kennex Q5 295. So, why should I get the Steam if its so "problematic" in terms of severe tension loss in strings?

And , like Ive said a million times, I cant demo.
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote