View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #1877
doctor dennis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross K View Post
Do you mind saying bit more re how Xcite and Hex compare and contrast performance-wise? How long are they lasting you respectively before the next string job? Thanks DD.
Well I think they both lasted up to 8 hours I think. I didn't find a whole bunch of difference between them. I can't remember which I used in a singles match and which I used in doubles though.
Performance wise the Xcite had slightly more spin and pop but not much more. Comfort wise it was focus hex definitely but neither bother my arm. Focus hex felt softer but not mushy.
For me Xcite is the better string but when you look at what you pay for both I can't justify the price increase. Focus hex is a good cheap poly that feels premium to me. Xcite is worth the price but not in comparison to focus hex. I'd say that focus hex held tension longer from what I remember. I didn't have to move the strings back as much.
Sorry I can't provide more detail on them. I cant remeber what i did yesterday. Lol. I'm using 4G now then it'll be back to my reel of focus hex.
The 4g is nice. I cant really say too much as I've only put 2 hours in. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts and how long its playable.

DD