View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
spot
Hall Of Fame

Fusker- I keep getting caught up in the rating system and what is fair and that is where I get stuck. Should higher rated players be given incentive to challenge a lower player. Is it fair that people fall down the rankings if they haven't played in a few weeks.... that sort of stuff.

Your league sort of sidesteps that and just basically lets people move themselves up the ladder by challenging and sets it so that people have no penalty for losing. You challenge a guy higher than you and you lose then that doesn't matter. You accept a challenge from a guy lower than you and then you only move down one spot. It definitely would be the way to encourage the most matches and in the end that really is the point of a ladder.

It is pretty interesting that the delcastle ladder that alegare plays in uses the same method where there isn't really a downside to losing any match.

It seems like in one the players are self-selected by level and in the other it is one big ladder. I guess in the beginning one ladder would have to make due just to give people players to play against. Thanks for the input.

Last edited by spot : 03-20-2013 at 01:13 PM.
spot is offline   Reply With Quote