View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #8015
Feņa14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SempreSami View Post
I still don't think Sturridge could pass water.
Maybe he can, maybe he can't. I'm yet to see him not try and beat 7 men everytime he gets the ball, if one day he decides to pass, we'll have an answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PED View Post
Good points. I agree, bring in the young guys at the back and someone will step up, they usually do. Caulker may be the one.

Not sure I agree re Rooney, other than 04 Euros, he's been sub par in the England shirt-we all keep waiting for him to step it up but not sure he's going to get it done. The desire doesn't seem to be there anymore. With someone like Ronaldo, he's burning to be the best, game in and game out.

I think Sturridge has improved quite a bit since he turned red in January but he's not the finished article yet.

Is Carrick in the squad? If he can get it done against Real, the international level should be NBD. (EDIT-Just saw they want to play him in defense instead of midfield, another great idea......)
I agree, Rooney hasn't been that good for England. As I said though, it's either him.. or Sturridge, Welbeck, Carroll. I'd take Rooney over those, however bad he's been
Feņa14 is offline   Reply With Quote