Thread: JUicing
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #34
Boricua
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly View Post
Back in the late 60s we would smoke the dried banana peel instead (prompted by the Berkeley Barb hoax of '67). They call me "Mellow Yellow".

Thanks for this suggestion. I've been eating them 2-3x/week. I might just up my intake. The varieties with skin & bones don't bother me at all -- they have up to 4x the calcium of the skinless, boneless varieties. Some of the flavored supermarket brands are not all that tasty tho' -- it seems that the quality of the sardines themselves in those supermarket brands is not that high (at least taste-wise). I don't recall if was the flavored Chicken of the Sea or Bumble Bee sardines that I did not care for.

Some sardine brands that I really enjoy are: BELA-Olhão, Trader Joes, and Crown Prince. Disappointed that TJs no longer carries BELA-Olhão but their own Light Smoked Sardines in Olive Oil and their Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil are both quite good.
Mellow Yellow. That is funny. Like to see you playin a singles match on those conditions, Mellow Yellow.lol
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote