View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
comeback
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2228 View Post
I went through some tough emotional and mental issues about 5 or 6 years back and my life changed dramatically. Before the issues I was in the gym 5-7 days a week, mountain biking all the time and hiking a ton too. I was also holding down a fairly physical job. I weighed 150 pounds soaking wet at 5 foot 11. After the issues I became depressed and sedentary and literally more than doubled my body weight. At my biggest I was up in the mid 330's. Since Jan 1st I've dropped my weight to about 303. My goal is to drop at least a 130 pounds more.

I dropped the weight pretty much with an adjusted diet. With this winter having been so snowy and so cold I couldn't get out much to walk. But so far this week I've probably put in 10 miles walking and 3 miles on my bike. Eventually when I get some weight off my knees I'll try to do some jogging.

I just had to share that. I'll check in occasionally with progress.
Hi Mike, thanks for sharing your experiences..I've been on a variation of the gluten free/paleo diet for about 2 weeks now with good results..It's basically giving up processed grains and sugar which raises your insulin levels and causing abnormal calorie intake and more cravings..I am doing well so far and am waiting 4-6 more weeks to post my experience and hopefully some before and after pictures..try to google or utube some info to get motivated or email me comeback@safe-mail.net if you need any help