View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #12
anubis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
You're right about a full bed of Hexy Fiber. I tried the 16g and the mains and crosses do chew eachother up. And they're hard to straighten. But with a smooth (Cyber Flash 1.25) or slick (Dunlop Ice 17) main the Hexy 16 cross really holds up. I didn't need to straighten them and I had them in the racquet for at least 6 playing hours plus many idle hours. Given a compatible main string, there's no durability problem for Hexy Fiber. I'm 2 for 2 so far. But I wouldn't try Hexy Fiber with a rough or shaped poly main.

Have you tried it as a cross? It's a far better application than full bed. I'm thinking that down the road I may try a Hexy full bed with silicone spray next time.
I have one pack left, I'm considering trying it out as a cross next, but I also have a couple other packs of stuff (I buy way too many strings!). I have Babolat Addiction, Prince Premiere Attack and Babolat Xcel Comfort. They are all smooth, and almost as soft as Hexy Fiber. I'm thinking that any of them would do better as a cross. I may just save my last pack of Hexy Fiber for my backup racquet.
anubis is offline   Reply With Quote