View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
speedtrap
New User

Default Slightly more power than Head Liquidmetal Radical MP

Hi, Good day! just want to have some of your advices and suggestions

I've been playing with a pair of used LM Radical MPs with 17G polys for about 4yrs now, and I'm now thinking of getting a new pair of rackets. I'm hoping to get a new racket with:

1. Slightly more power than the LM Radical MP (This is the main factor)
2. Almost the same weight but not over as LM Radical MP
3. 18x20 string pattern is a plus
4. Just a little bit faster or easier to swing than the LM Radical MP (this one is not really important, but maybe a plus)
5. 100cm headsize (this one is not really important, but maybe a plus)

I would like to stick with Head (I'd like the rectangular grip size), I'm thinking of getting:
1. Head Youtek IG Instinct MP (because they are currently on sale
2. Head Youtek Graphene Instinct MP
3. Head YOUTEK IG Radical Midplus (I think this is my best choice?)
4. Head YOUTEK IG Radical Pro
5. Head YOUTEK IG Speed 18x20 (because they are currently on sale)
6. Head YOUTEK Graphene Speed MP

I'm a baseliner, hits a forehand as much a possible, full and fast swing, always hits the ball hard - if not yet tired , most of my shots are topspin-drives (not much of a loop, looks like a flat topspin forehand), fairly consistent forehands (cross-court, down the line, inside-out), would always try to hit the ball hard-flat when the ball falls short, or in the service box. I play at least 3 times a week, 2 to 3 sets.

I still have a difficulty with my backhand (two handed) (specially on a big serves that were targeted on my backhand side), (so I thought that a racket that is easier to swing and has a 100cm head size would help?)
I'm currently trying a one-hand backhand and a slice backhand from time to time. Maybe it is just me but I'm thinking that a 98cm or a lower racket head size is not really ideal for a 2-handed backhand?. I'm not really good in volleys or netting specially in doubles.

I'm actually leaning towards the Head Youtek IG Instinct MP, but it is the 16x19 string pattern (I'd like the 18x20 better) and the decreased weight that's stopping me, plus the reviews that it is a little unstable. I'm worried that I may not be able to hit the same forehand shots that I'm getting with my LM Radical MP, though I think it would help with my backhand.

Thanks a lot!
Carl
speedtrap is offline   Reply With Quote