View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
speedtrap
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by corners View Post
Forget power. The only thing you'll find looking for more power from racquets is less control. Seek For power in string; settle for great feel and control in racquets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [d]ragon View Post
Try dropping the tension a few pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosmith View Post
Change string and add weight to he handle to deal with bigger serves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnota View Post
add 3-4g of lead at 12 and your backhand will be better

I currently use a full bed of ISO Speed 17L poly (cheap string and the tension is 58lbs. I'll try to drop the tension maybe to 50lbs.

I've already before adding lead tapes at 3 and 9, then tried also at 10 and 2, I noticed that my flat serves was heavier and the racket was more stable, though after the game, I'm already feeling some pain in my arms. I haven't tried adding lead tapes at 12 and in the handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpotapov View Post
Head MicroGEL Radical MP
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head...AD-HMGRAD.html
...You're welcome!
Hi, thanks! I've already tried this and it feels the same as my LM Radical MP, though I have not tried it in a game. It also felt less power but maybe due to the string used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrevert View Post
1. Head Youtek IG Instinct MP

I don't think this is the way you should go. When I tried it it had a small sweetspot, lacked power, and you had to swing it harder than a Radical. I think you might find it a step backwards. Thicker beam though.

(I now use BLX Pro Open.)
Thank you for this, now I can exclude the Youtek IG Instinct MP (the price is actually tempting since they are on sale). I'm just thinking that it may give a little bit more power because of thicker frame and 100cm head size, and it may help me with my backhand.

My first racket is a Prince Turbo Shark OS, and actually my 2handhed backhand before was decent with that racket. I just don't know why it is very hard for me to hit a backhand with my LM Radical MPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnota View Post
add 3-4g of lead at 12 and your backhand will be better

the youtek ig newer head models are terrible imo
I see, actually I've already tried before a Youtek racket, Youtek Speed MP 18x20 and I did not like it (or it didn't like me ).

I'll try to look around again, actually I really need to replace them since the handles are already getting brittle and there are already cracks seen when I replaced the replacement grips. I just thought that I need a newer racket with slightly more power in it, 100cm head size, and a little bit easier to swing.

Thank you very much guys
speedtrap is offline   Reply With Quote