View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #45
Power Player
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
There's a set of criteria on what makes a good or bad song( similar to theater, film, fashion,etc.) Yes, this music is an art, but very low-tier and is only made for the general audience.

Those thousands of songs are from artists who simply don't hire the AAA music producers, AAA managers and promoters and don't have that "shock value" or "popularity". Are you going to see a random band from Seattle at the Grammys? No.

Him and other artists sell millions because the consumers are into the trend of music nowadays.

If Uwe Boll made a high-grossing movie, does that make him a good director?
Yes. They were called Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Mudhoney..etc.

Bands are not as popular as they were 10 years ago. EDM is the most popular music among 15-25 year olds now.

If Uwe Boll made a high grossing film, he would be a good director, but he hasn't done that. And most people think he is terrible. So I'm not sure where you are going with that example.

I know the set of criteria which makes a good or bad song as I have worked with high level A&Rs who spend their lives looking for hits. The main part is the vocal and the chorus hook. I am not sure which criteria you are talking about, but feel free to expound if you want. I like talking music biz.