View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #32
McLovin
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm View Post
It had nothing to do with running out of gas, is called going into the match with no brain. He has to be one of the dumbest players that I have ever watched. Ya his style is great to watch if you want to teach someone on how exactly to not play the game he is a perfect example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm
I cannot take your opinion seriously if you watched your boy james blank between the ears match yesterday and cannot see how dumb his style of tennis is.
What you fail to understand is, Blake tried to listen to the critics, who said he "has to learn to hold back, and gauge his shots. Learn how to construct a point." But the problem is, that isn't his style of tennis.

Some people have an 'A' game and a 'B' game. Some, like Federer, have 'A', 'B', and 'C'. But Blake has 'A'. If 'A' isn't working, then he goes to 'A'. And if 'A' still isn't working...he goes to 'A'. But that is who he is, and it took him almost 5 years of wallowing in the lower rankings to understand & accept that.

So, don't knock him for it. He's accepted who he is as a player, and is enjoying his final years on the tour. Now we get to sit back & watch some amazing shots. Granted there will be a bunch of unforced errors, but my God, when he hits it, he hits it.

It's just like watching a Fernando Gonzalez match. Balls-out, go for broke, no matter the score.