View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #44
beernutz
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongolmike View Post
I would love to warm-up BEFORE I warm-up with my opponent... its just not realistic most times:

a) if you are a visitor for a league match, it doesn't work too well to warm up at your own club, then drive 30 minutes to the match club

b) show up to the visitors club 20 minutes early and expect to be allowed to jump on a court... if there is one open... to warm up with a team-mate

c) warm-up at own club for home matches... if there are courts open maybe, but usually not

d) warm-up outside in northern climate cities during Nov-March? Not likely.
We are lucky enough here to be able do b) or c) for about 100% of our USTA or local league matches. It is very rare that a venue we use doesn't have courts available for warm up at least 30 minutes prior to the start of our matches. The only time we have problems are the few times when multiple league matches are scheduled on the same night at our local (9 court) club. Then the worst that usually happens is that you might have to warm up on a hard court then play your match on the dirt.

I have personally never done a) or d). In fact I think the few indoor courts we have here are more crowded in July - August with people trying to escape the heat or the rain than at any other time of the year.