View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #49
Mongolmike
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
We are lucky enough here to be able do b) or c) for about 100% of our USTA or local league matches. It is very rare that a venue we use doesn't have courts available for warm up at least 30 minutes prior to the start of our matches. The only time we have problems are the few times when multiple league matches are scheduled on the same night at our local (9 court) club. Then the worst that usually happens is that you might have to warm up on a hard court then play your match on the dirt.

I have personally never done a) or d). In fact I think the few indoor courts we have here are more crowded in July - August with people trying to escape the heat or the rain than at any other time of the year.

In the summer for away matches, I google outside courts nearest the site and take my bucket of balls with me. Doesn't matter if the courts are crap or not.

For home matches, if there are open courts, I'm on them until about 10 minutes prior to the start time.

For now, early spring, for away matches... stretches and shadow swings will have to suffice.
Mongolmike is offline   Reply With Quote