View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #50
tennis tom
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovertennis View Post
The warm up should be like a game of catch: Begin with slower paced ball, then pick up the pace gradually. It should be cooperative, with all shots (groundies, volleys, feeds) being returned directly to the opponent. If my league/tourney opponents don't do this, that's their issue; I'm not trying to win the warm up.
YES !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongolmike View Post
That would be so nice if it happened like that. My thinking exactly. In fact, I don't even want to show my opponent my best shot or serve during warm-up... I WANT to hit everything exactly back to him... that is my aiming warm-up to hit it exactly back. I don't want him to see that I can hit the lines or serve down the T or out wide.
YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongolmike View Post
In the summer for away matches, I google outside courts nearest the site and take my bucket of balls with me. Doesn't matter if the courts are crap or not.

For home matches, if there are open courts, I'm on them until about 10 minutes prior to the start time.

For now, early spring, for away matches... stretches and shadow swings will have to suffice.
And YES!