What is a good point guard?
1. He has to be able to dribble upcourt without losing it...the ball.
2. Since he passes more than anyone, he needs to pass without turning over the ball.
3. He needs vision both near the rim and at the 3pt line.
4. He needs to defend against fast breaks.
5. Knock down a few shots, so he draws a double team when he penetrates.
6. Get at least 6 assists a game, regularly. More can be a mute point, since an assist depends on the guy you passed to, to MAKE his shot.
7. He needs to know who's hot and who's just throwing up bricks.