View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterST View Post
Got my radar out for a few serves. A few years ago I served in the 80s and I've improved a lot since then. was hoping for low 100s. Now, I have a pretty big serve. It forces errors and my opponents say consistently that it's tough.

Fastest serve: 88 mph

had several in upper 70s and a few in the lower 80s. I only hit about 5 serves, and I think I could have gotten a little higher number, but geeze.
I bet if you were more warmed up, and hit a few more serves, then the numbers would be higher.

What's your NTRP? If you're forcing errors and it's good enough to get comments from your opponents, then no worries. You must be doing something right.

Anyway, serve speed measurements, especially non-professional ones, are very 'iffy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterST View Post
Even the WTA players who struggle with their serves serve harder than me.
I don't think that's true. I've seen some women's second serves clocked, in tournaments, in the low 60s. First serves, in the 70s. Which is significantly slower than even my average serve, first or second ... and I'm a 3.0 level player.

I suspect that your serve is actually quite a good one. Post some videos.