View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #58
Sid_Vicious
G.O.A.T.

[quote=rafafan20;7313789]
Quote:
My faulty logic? You said Bo isn't the greatest athlete because he ran a fast 40. Number one, no one talked about 40 times. Number two, he clearly has done a lot more than that. I'm not a fan of the raiders and I'm certainly not a fan of the Royals, and I'm too young to remember most of his career. I'm not a fan, I'm just stating facts
Now I know you are an emotional fanboy. First, I never said "Bo was not the greatest athlete because he ran a fast 40?" What the hell are you talking about? Anyway, I was being sarcastic when I mentioned 40 yard dashes and bench presses; The idea was not to put down the light of your life, Bo Jackson; the point I was making is that the list did not give tremendous athletes like Pele and Gretzky the credit they deserved.
Quote:
And if you think you have a more valid opinion than Phil Knight on the greatness of athletes, then you just might be having delusions of grandeur. ESPN named him the greatest athlete of all time as well, are you a better judge of athleticism than the people working at ESPN? How about John Brenkus of Sports Science? Who is a better athlete, in your opinion? Grace us with your astronomical IQ
Look bo-boy, I never claimed that my opinion had more weight than Phil Knight or ESPN analyst. It was your love-stricken self that posted Phil Knight's opinion and acted like you had just set the record straight for everyone; that is faulty logic. No intelligent human being dumps his/her opinions just because a person with authority has different ones;especially if you have thought-out your opinions and have good reason to believe them. Pat Cash has stated that John Mcenroe is the most talented player ever. John Mcenroe claims that Nadal is a better volleyer than Federer. Are you saying that anyone who has a different opinion than Cash and Mcenroe has delusions of grandeur? Should everyone just accept their opinions and move on like spineless cowards because they lack Wimbledon titles? Maybe you would agree with that policy, but not everyone is as black and white as you are.

Last edited by Sid_Vicious : 03-29-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Sid_Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote