View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
Cesar1992
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfan123 View Post
Hi, I am currently a freshmen at a university in NJ and was interested in transferring to a d1 school such as a georgetown and villanova to play tennis. My current school does not have a tennis program.Is this possible? I just started to play tennis my junior yr of high school. I started playing usta tournaments at the end of my junior yr achieved a sectional(northeast) ranking of around 100 at the end of my senior yr. I am interested in transferring for my junior yr. So I am dedicating this summer to getting better. How much would I have to improve to have a shot to play d1 tennis at villanova/georgetown? And do coaches normally take transfers on a d1 team?
Villanova's team is very weak. Many of their players were unranked juniors and played only high school tennis. You will find that to be the case at most Catholic institutions in the the East. The #1 or #2 player may have been ranked and/or recruited using limited athletic scholarship funding, but if you have strokes and some talent, you would have a good shot at playing. G-town's team is better, as all of their players had junior rankings, and most would have been an AVERAGE of 2-3 star recruits. St John's and Marist are also better, but anyone could play for St Peter's, St. Francis-Brooklyn, Sienna, Sacred Heart, Fairfield, etc. Good luck!
Cesar1992 is offline   Reply With Quote