View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #64
Leelord337
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Leelord337 Send a message via MSN to Leelord337 Send a message via Yahoo to Leelord337 Send a message via Skype™ to Leelord337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2228 View Post
I went through some tough emotional and mental issues about 5 or 6 years back and my life changed dramatically. Before the issues I was in the gym 5-7 days a week, mountain biking all the time and hiking a ton too. I was also holding down a fairly physical job. I weighed 150 pounds soaking wet at 5 foot 11. After the issues I became depressed and sedentary and literally more than doubled my body weight. At my biggest I was up in the mid 330's. Since Jan 1st I've dropped my weight to about 303. My goal is to drop at least a 130 pounds more.

I dropped the weight pretty much with an adjusted diet. With this winter having been so snowy and so cold I couldn't get out much to walk. But so far this week I've probably put in 10 miles walking and 3 miles on my bike. Eventually when I get some weight off my knees I'll try to do some jogging.

I just had to share that. I'll check in occasionally with progress.
Girls can cause some serious damage on us good guys, (I'm not sure if thats what triggered the episode--I had a reaction to paxil in highschool and had a manic episode back then as well) 2 years ago I was 195 soaken wet and got to my highest ever weight of 239 after a pretty hard time emotionally. I'm trying to stay away from all of the good food this awesome country has to offer and have been working out 6 days a week for the past 3 weeks now and already at 224 (but before deciding to stick to a workout routine I was 231 and am 28yo 5'11 M btw). I also allow myself to cheat once a week or I feel I would go crazy.

My workout routine consists of:

-Either a tennis match or running 2 or 3 miles as a pre cardio,
-then straight to the bench press (do 5 sets of 10 reps of 145lbs),
-then 100 curls with like 50lbs on there, (4 sets of 25reps)
-and 100 tricep reps on the bowflex...
-and about twice a week about 100 leg presses with like 60 lbs on there.

I need to incorporate some ab workouts into my routine next week as thats my main problem. its very hard to make myself workout and it SUCKS ( Pandora radio is also a big Help!) but it also clears my mind and helps me get over those pestering emotional issues I've been going through as well the past 2 years. I hope within the next 60 days I will lose 20 pounds.

I do wanna say I'm NO WORKOUT EXPERT AT ALL, and literally do numbers of reps I can count that are pretty big and make me pretty tired. If anybody has any tips for me on my routine please let me know. Thanks. Good luck to ya too Mike, here for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2228 View Post
Well, it's a long story and not really one I've ever shared with anyone in my personal life but about (probably closer to) 5 years ago I had a psychotic episode. Diagnosis schizophrenia. I was hospitalized several times the shortest being like a weekend and the longest 3 months. Basically I was hearing voices. The voices led to extreme anxiety and the anxiety led to suicidal thoughts and even actions. One time i ate something like 300 aspirin, most of which I vomited up which is probably why I'm still here. The suicidal thing led to depression and that all led to social isolation and apathy. I was at times sleeping 12-14 hours a day. The isolation distanced me from the friends I use to hike, mountain bike and play various sports with and my job was gone too. The hours i was awake we spent mostly in front of the TV. I also overate and and really ate too much of the wrong stuff (hot pockets and microwavable pizzas, chips and whatever else was around). The doctor said the medicine I was taking at the time probably was not helping matters though that is an excuse I don't use because I was doing nothing healthy. Anyway these past 3 years have been going well. The medicine and therapy have helped. I seldom have any voices bothering me. Still apathy can be an issue but I'm very thankful to have survived the experience.
If you're taking depakote or zyprexa, stop and ask your doctor if there are alternatives such as geodon etc.. because they cause serious weight gain

Last edited by Leelord337 : 03-30-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Leelord337 is offline   Reply With Quote