View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #65
Mike2228
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelord337 View Post
Girls can cause some serious damage on us good guys, (I'm not sure if thats what triggered the episode--I had a reaction to paxil in highschool and had a manic episode back then as well) 2 years ago I was 195 soaken wet and got to my highest ever weight of 239 after a pretty hard time emotionally. I'm trying to stay away from all of the good food this awesome country has to offer and have been working out 6 days a week for the past 3 weeks now and already at 224 (but before deciding to stick to a workout routine I was 231 and am 28yo 5'11 M btw). I also allow myself to cheat once a week or I feel I would go crazy.

My workout routine consists of:

-Either a tennis match or running 2 or 3 miles as a pre cardio,
-then straight to the bench press (do 5 sets of 10 reps of 145lbs),
-then 100 curls with like 50lbs on there, (4 sets of 25reps)
-and 100 tricep reps on the bowflex...
-and about twice a week about 100 leg presses with like 60 lbs on there.

I need to incorporate some ab workouts into my routine next week as thats my main problem. its very hard to make myself workout and it SUCKS ( Pandora radio is also a big Help!) but it also clears my mind and helps me get over those pestering emotional issues I've been going through as well the past 2 years. I hope within the next 60 days I will lose 20 pounds.

I do wanna say I'm NO WORKOUT EXPERT AT ALL, and literally do numbers of reps I can count that are pretty big and make me pretty tired. If anybody has any tips for me on my routine please let me know. Thanks. Good luck to ya too Mike, here for ya.

If you're taking depakote or zyprexa, stop and ask your doctor if there are alternatives such as geodon etc.. because they cause serious weight gain
Thanks Lee.

also I was taking clozapine. Which has many side effects, one of which is weight gain. I'm not sure how much if at all it affected ME in that way though.

Last edited by Mike2228 : 03-30-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Mike2228 is offline   Reply With Quote