View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #85
uk_skippy
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo333 View Post
But, the fact is, if someone offered me the right premises at the right price in London, I would open the best tennis racket museum in London. It wouldn't have much competition, with the exception of Wimbledon of course, who actually only display a small percentage of the rackets they have in their collection anyway!
I've actually seen the full collection, to which is hidden in a storage room deep in the depths of Wimbledon; and only seen by a few people. The curator of the museum rarely shows them off, but luckily I did some work for the Wimbledon education dept, and so was shown around. And some of my handywork is currently on display in the public museum.

It's an impressive collection ranging from the beginning of Wimbledon to modern day; and also includes a Lacoste ball machine! They didn't show me it working but I did see a video of Rene Lacoste using it. Very innovative.

Regards

Paul