View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #29
fluffyyelloballz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
Sanchez was a big old moonballer who probably would have won only 1 slam without the Seles stabbing. Sabatini and Novotna are mentally fragile 1 slam wonders who lacked firepower or big weapons in their game. How on earth are they close to on pare with Venus, Henin, Clijsters, Sharapova, Davenport, and Capriati in caliber of play. Sanchez is comparable to those except Venus and Henin in achievements, but definitely not level of tennis.

From 2002-2003 when Serena dominated, Venus had a huge mental block against Serena, Henin and Clisters were still developing, Hingis was on her way out, Sharapova was not on the pro tour, Davenport was injured. The rest of the time some of those players actually beat Serena in Majors and were more dominant than she was, in particular Henin.

Grafs only real competition was Seles and Navratilova, and Seles was missing for 2.5 years due to the stabbing, and Navratilova was only in her prime for about 3 years of Grafs long reign. I do agree those you mentioned were tougher competition and gave the Graf era alot more depth than the Navratilova era though. Navratilova had even poorer competition than Graf.

I suggest you look at Graf''s record against Sabatini and her 1994 results against Vicario. Check out Novotna's Melbourn win in '91, too. Graf had weaknesses and her opponent's could exploit them much like Serena.
I await your response.

Last edited by fluffyyelloballz : 03-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.
fluffyyelloballz is offline   Reply With Quote