View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Ace View Post
No. And he didn't berate his box or grab body parts as if he was constantly injured.
Mecir was a fascinating player. But he was not of the same calibre as Murray no matter what body parts he did or didn't grab hold of.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if like Lendl, now that Murray got 1 that he'll win a lot more. I know the Brits don't like to hear it (at least those on these boards; my friends in London all agree) but there are still signs of the mental fragility in the Murray game when things start going bad in matches.
How do you work that out? Did he show mental fragility when Djokovic had levelled at 2 sets all in the USO final or when he went 0-3 down to Gasquet at the start of their Miami semi or 0-5 down to Ferrer at the start of their Miami final plus facing a match point from him? How does all that square with him still being mentally fragile when things are going badly for him?

Quote:
He's shown he can beat Fed in majors; don't so sure about Nadal or Djokovic, especially on clay.
Well, he's beaten Djokovic and Nadal in Majors too! I agree with you that he has yet to prove himself against them on clay.