View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #176
Chanwan
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafafan20 View Post
Bo Jackson is one of the greatest athletes of all time. He could have won gold medals in about 4 different track sports + NFL all star + MLB all star + Heisman winner.
"Do you people understand that Bo Jackson set records in high jump pole vault and hurdles in HIGH SCHOOL WITHOUT TRAINING. "

Can you be more specific about those records? State records? National records? World records? What where the times/heights at what age?

And in advance - how do these records mean that he could win gold medals (I presume you mean Olympic or World Championship Gold medals) in FOUR different track sports (Here, I will add that no track athlete - at least post 1950, maybe ever - has won gold medals in high jump and pole vault at the same time. Not to mention one of the above combined with hurddles.

Full disclosure: I am one of those Europeans, who had never even heard of Bo Jackson prior to this ESPN thing. But afterwards, I saw an interview with him, where he said, he jumped (if I remember correctly) 13 feet, the first time he pole vaulted. Now that is very impressive. But it doesn't equate to him training and learning to jump 19-20 feet.
Chanwan is offline   Reply With Quote