View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 AM   #5
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis tom View Post
Thanks for the invite, I hope to do that trip on Ol' US 50 a few more times, every winter would be nice.
I hope you do.
Quote:
There was a senior player Raymond Clary who would drive across the country in his VW beetle and took the passenger seat out and camped in it, my kinda' player.
I used to have a VW van, among other vehicles, for a short time during my semi, quasi, pseudo hippie days, and had a very short tennis bum period ('75-'76) during which we would do mini road trips, but nothing like Clary's bold adventures. I wonder if he ever played at Hardy Park or Holiday Park.

Quote:
I'll look for you at Hardy, they've got a Hardy Park in Palm Springs too, wonder if it's any relation. I think it was donated by Oliver Hardy's wife.
No relation as far as I know. The full name of the one in Fort Lauderdale is the Florence C. Hardy Park, I think.

Quote:
Yes, the book is about unrecognized repressed stress, interesting stuff, much better than being cut.
What do you mean, "being cut"?

Quote:
Happy Easter
Thanks. I'm not a particularly religious guy, but I do like hard boiled eggs a lot.

Thanks for the comments Tom. My first Spring Season league match is this Thursday. I'll be post some video snippets of league match play in this thread and my other thread about trying to become a solid NTRP 3.5 in the Tips/Instruction forum.

Post some vids of your tennis Tom.

Last edited by TomT : 04-02-2013 at 04:09 AM.
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote