View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #63
heycal
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbarrow View Post
Not sure what you mean by poster boy? And I am not gluten free, just gluten lower. The biggest change was that I used to eat a LOT of bread, I love sandwiches. Ate sandwiches for breakfast. Sandwiches for lunch. Sandwiches for snacks. I regularly had crashes an hour or two after meals that required a nap or caffeine. Chalked it up to aging until it was recommended to try no wheat diet for my nagging joint stiffness. Immediately forgot about my naps and coffees and (confession) stint with 5 Hour Energy shots. Still eating breads/pastas for dinners, and still enjoying beers on occasion. And still experimenting, like the concept of not combining protein and starches in same meal. But I am definetely feeling Much better not eating wheat for breakfast or lunch and don't think it's my imagination.
So you're saying just by eliminating wheat during the day time you feel less joint pain and more energetic? And you still get to eat some wheat/bread at dinner?

If so, I think I could do this! Please verify. (And remind me what you eat for breakfast?)

Basically, all it would mean for me is no cheerios or grape nuts for breakfast, as I don't really eat bread or gluten during the day, but do often have some at night (along with some sugar/dessert).

Last edited by heycal : 04-03-2013 at 08:35 AM.
heycal is offline   Reply With Quote