View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #8123
NickC
Professional

Becks is popular because the females think he's got the good looks.

It's also worth noting that when England play the long-ball-hoof-it-forward game, he's the best there is at providing that said long ball. His aerial passing and freekicks are still second to none. England spent ages perfecting the long ball tactic, and Beckham is to show for it. He's the epitome of what England have been doing internationally for the past 30 years.

I do admire his professionalism, though. Whenever he plays for England, you can tell he's not only giving it his all, but that he actually wants to be there. I can't say that for practically anyone else who's suited up for England since I've started watching football. (see Ferdinand, Rio)

With that being said, he wasn't signed JUST to sell shirts, he could actually be X factor when they play away to Barcelona....think about it, he'll sit really deep, help defend as best he can, and when there's an opportunity to hit Barcelona on the break (because if you're not Real Madrid, chances are you don't have the talent to take the game to them), he's got the accuracy to drop a 60 yard pass to Zlatan who will do the rest of the work. Yeah it's not pretty but if it gets the job done then it gets the job done.

Last edited by NickC : 04-03-2013 at 07:11 PM.
NickC is offline   Reply With Quote