View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #30
Feņa14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringertom View Post
I didn't know another one still existed! I was in the crowd the day they won their first Cup...OT game 6 vs the hated Flyers (back when you could play a divisional rival in The Finals).

Glad to see they are finally making some headway and have a strong nucleus of younger talent. It's especially cool we could edge out the Rangers for that last playoff spot. Go Isles!
I've seen that game on vhs many times it must of been amazing to be there in person! Hockey isn't popular at all over here in the UK, the only coverage we get is on a poor tv channel and they only show the top teams. I keep up with them through streams online, it's not ideal but it works.

A friend had NHL '94 on the Sega, I always used to beat him on it so he would only play against me if I went with a "bad" team, I always went with the Islanders and it just grew from there

As for the playoffs this year, it's still a big ask! As much as i'd like to beat the Rangers to the 8th spot, i've got a feeling it could be New Jersey we need to stop.
Feņa14 is offline   Reply With Quote