View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #414
BalboaNoah
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Wow ...the steam is that hollow?? Because the ES does seen hollow to me and yet stable. I think it's because of the wide throat?

Maybe you mean the steam feels flimsy and unstable ?

On another note Vortex is out of the tour 95. They are on back order . I would be in the market for two.
i use the tour 95 and love it, too. i've tried the 99s, and without intending to influence your playtest feelings either way on the 99s:

the tour 95 is much more solid and comfortable, especially when shanking a ball. the 99s hits a naturally loopier ball than the tour 95. the 99s slices well like the tour 95, but i feel that the tour 95 is more versatile in that it outputs what you put in. if you heavy topspin it will do it, flat is no problem, slice is awesome. the tour 95 ball is more penetrating than the 99s ball. i also have not experienced the string issues w/the tour 95 that people are experiencing w/the 99s. i sometimes even use 18g Gosen OGSM w/the Vortex and get decent life. still, the 99s is a fun racquet to use. personally i would like to lead one up and try again.
BalboaNoah is offline   Reply With Quote