View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #67
Brian11785
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeback View Post
Thanks beernutz, i'm psyched, I did read somewhere that young people and older people have the same metabolism so maybe we can't blame our problems on that.LOL.. I read the TNT diet by Phinney and Volek and books by Gary Taube and Rob Wolf so this info just validates this approach. My wife makes some excellent pie/cake crusts http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/des...ndpiecrust.htm
i gotta look into that crawfish pie
TNT Diet is a great book. I am two weeks into the diet/workout plan and, though I have lost virtually no weight (two pounds), have lost over an inch off my waist and am noticeably more toned overall. All with no ill effects or carb cravings. And I love the workout routines. So few exercises work so many muscles.

The most shocking thing is how much energy I have on this diet, considering the only carbs I consume are from vegetables and almond butter. I played (and won) a grueling 2 1/2 hour match last week in 80 degree humid weather with no noticeable changes to my endurance/stamina. There is no way I could've done that on Phase 1 of South Beach.
Brian11785 is offline   Reply With Quote