View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 AM   #334
newyorkstadium
Semi-Pro

I was fully relaxing my wrist throughout the wall test's. My shot's were going to the right, left and exactly where I intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlerajm View Post
If you feel the handle pressing against the base knuckle of your index finger, that means MgR/I is too low. Conversely, if you feel the handle pulling forward on the distal portion of your fingers, then MgR/I is too high.
I tried the rough method. I could feel the racket pressing against the knuckles. Unfortunately, no matter how much lead I added at 7", I couldn't feel the handle pulling forward on the distal portion of the fingers. I tried swinging quickly and slowly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlerajm View Post
You may find it useful to experiment with choking up (which will increase MgR/I) and choking down (which will lower it) in order to feel the different types of torque. For any racquet, there exists a certain hand position along the handle where the torque is zero (where MgR/I is optimized).
My aim with experimenting on choking down the handle was to get an exact number of how much choking down affects MgR/I. If we can work out how much different equipment factors affect MgR/I, then people don't have to return to the practice wall every time they make a change.

With most of these questions I could have found out the answers for myself, but I got nowhere with the wall tuning. Thanks muchly for answering my questions.

Last edited by newyorkstadium : 05-13-2013 at 08:53 AM.
newyorkstadium is offline   Reply With Quote